ANNUAL REPORT 2021-2022
Respected His Holiness Moran Mar Baselious Marthoma Mathews III, H.G Dr Geevarghese Mar Yulios, Rev Fr. Skaria OIC, Rev Fr. Solomon OIC, Rev Fr. Benjamin OIC, Rev Fr. Pathrose OIC, Sri A C Moideen (MLA Kunnamkulam), Smt. Chitra Vinobaji, Mrs.Shamila Kabeer, Mrs V Ushakumari (H M Bethany high school Ranni), Mrs Susan Suma (H M Bethany St marys KKM) Mr. Bijubal PTA president, Radhamani miss (VP),PTA executive members, parents, teachers and my dear children warm appraisal to all.
I am greatly honored to present before you, a brief account of the Jubilee and Annual report of the academic year 2021 -2022.
Seminal of (1997 – 2021)
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” – Lao Tzu1.
1. One such esteemed institution began its journey 25 years back in 1997 as Blooming Buds Bethania Senior Secondary School. In 2000, the school was shifted to the current premises. This journey of 25 years has not been an easy road. Nevertheless, the school led by visionary leaders and dedicated staff withstood all those challenges. Be it the school has never stopped shaping the minds of thousands of students who have passed out of this school. It’s a privilege for me as a Principal that I’m leading this esteemed institution in its 25th year. The school was granted secondary and senior secondary school affiliation between 1999 and 2003. The school released its first AISSE batch in 2003 as well as first AISSCE batch, in 2005. The school was certified ISO 9001- 2008 in the year 2010 and recertification as ISO 9001- 2015 in the year 2016.
2. I begin my report by honoring Rev. Father Skaria OIC whose brilliance like a ‘bright star’ became the guiding light for countless many. Rev Fr Mathai OIC had named the school – Rev Fr Solomon OIC had been Manager for a quite long time. Rev Fr Gheevarghese OIC was the manager for the pretty good time. Rev. Fr. Benjamin O.I.C administered the school for a year and has been on the chair as Manager for the past two years. Suguna mam, Kuriyan sir, Lalitha mam, Remabai mam were the former principals of the school. Mrs Sathidevi Rajagopal was the vice principal since the inception. Padmini teacher rendered her service as administrator for a period of time. Kindergarten block was blessed by BAVA THIRUMENI, and inaugurated by AC Moideen,the present MLA ,kunnamkulam constituency. The extension block which holds physics, chemistry and biology labs was inaugurated by the then honourable minister Shri Adoor Prakash .Occasionally HIS GRACE MATHEWS MAR THEODOSIUS METROPOLITAN and HIS GRACE PAULOSE MAR PACCOMIUS, HIS GRACE CYRIL MAR BASELIUS, graced our school to motivate and instill good thoughts in to children and I, owe my humble pranams to all the dignitaries who had been the architects in the bethanian educational journey, when we stand proudly in the quadrancentinnal celebrations.
3. Some people dream of success while others make it happen. I am ecstatic to share the marvelous results with you today. Our students have performed exceptionally well and have attained the high benchmark. We had a brainy bunch of students securing 0.1 certificate since 2004 to present. In the AISSCE batch 2018, Malavika of commerce stream placed fourth position in the state. Miss Smera Anna Thomas placed herself second in discus throw and shotput in Cbse state sports meet. Megha M of 2009 std X batch had represented herself for dance competition in the national levels. Master Parthiv Menon was awarded GEM of BBB in the year 2018-19 for his marvelous achievements.
4. It gives me immense pleasure to announce that Farah M Jawahar was placed second in AISSE in Chennai region in the year 2009.
We are joyful to give you a fore thought that our students have placed their hands in all the walks of professions. We were fortunate to be selected as the lead school in the Hub school formation done by CBSE based on our academic excellence. By grace of God and the strenous efforts of our teachers, parents and students we could sustain the remarkable results till date.
5. Ten of our faculties including then principal – Mrs. Remabai V K, Mrs. Sathidevi Rajagopal, Mrs. Radhamani C, Mrs. Sheeja E, Mrs. Gracy James, Mrs. Jessy Varghese, Mr. Miju K Chungath, Mrs. Vijayalakshmi P R, Mrs. Ajitha Kumari E S, Mrs. Sija Joseph were the proud recipients of an Appreciation letter from then HR minister, Mrs. Smrithi Zubin Irani, in consecutive academic years 2014-15 and 2015-16 for excellent results in AISSCE.
6. Please join me in congratulating our beloved teachers and PTA president, Mrs. Sheeja E- Sahodaya Best Teacher Awardee, Mrs. Radhika T R- Kerala State Best Teacher Awardee, Mr. Bijubal M- Kerala State Best PTA President awardee and Mr.Gopikrishnan T V - PTA Best Teacher Awardee during the period 2018- 2021. Our school was an awardee of best Green School for the academic year 2019-2020. In flower garden and nakshathravanam competition, we take honours for bagging first prize in Thrissur district.
7. Techonology will not replaced greate teachers but technology in the great teachers can be transformational.You will all agree with me that the last 2 years have become years of no comparison. Like every other school, Blooming Buds Bethania also continued its journey of learning. It was asthough we moved fast forward into the future, in the world of online and hybrid education. Assemblies, celebration of special days, everything moved swiftly to the virtual platform. Centre of all this were our teachers who like true superheroes adapted to the new circumstances. They unlearned what they knew and relearned new skills. Today, they are catering to the needs of both online and onsite students simultaneously. Lighter subjects such as Karate, Physical Education, Computer Science, Craft, art and library was incorporated in the online schedule, this year. Launch of digital library was done to bring in massive interest and upswing in children to fuel their imagination.
8. Where the pandemic limited the movements to the four walls of homes, our students went beyond the impossible and entered the phase of inquiry-based learning. Project@2021, the Project based learning program gave students an authentic learning experience that helped them to develop 21st century learning skills – Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Creativity and Communication. They collaborated and brainstormed to select their driving questions. Most of the teachers had undergone CBSE 50 HOURS of training in live sessions. Augmented Reality classes was introduced in this academic year. Augmented Reality is a technology that combines virtual Reality with the real world. THE School has received license for it and our teachers have embraced it in their online sessions. This year our school was a host for Covid First Line Treatment Centres as part of community reach out program in the challenging times of pandemic.
Amidst the pandemic, reopening of the school kept extending but we were very happy to receive an exam centre for std x and xii for cbse term 1examination after 14 years. It was a pride moment and we also had two more schools joining us for the same. The tabulation policy which was introduced by cbse this year was taken up with great enthusiasm for std X & XII.
There can be no real achievement without any struggle.
1. Achievements at a glance
i) In the AISSCE (Std XII) March 2021 all our students scored first class and 87% of them scored distinction. Miss ARYA P SUNILKUMAR topped with 98.8% in COMMERCE and Miss AARCHA M S topped with 98.6% in SCIENCE BATCH. The school average was 85.4%.
ii) 115 students appeared for the AISSE March 2021. All students scored first class and 95.6% scored distinction. Master IVIN LYJU was the topper with 99.80%.The school average was 88.57%.
On this occasion I congratulate all of them once again.
SPECIAL AWARDS For the year 2021-22 best teacher award was credited to Mr Gopikrishnan by KSPTA for his contribution in the field of art-culture and music.
ANJALI MENON of Class 7 has won many accolades to her credit this year, first rank in youth talent MYTH phase 1, 2 and3.Secured 9th rank in international space olympiad .She was the winner of the Lets Debate organized by The new Indian express. Won swatch bharath tech champs scholarship by reckitt. Offlate she has been qualified for the final round of the Vikram sarabai science foundation.
Ambareesh Krishnan N B of std 6 bagged second prize in 6th Kerala State Junior and Senior Yogasana sports championship 2022.
Devapriya Kalathil of std 6 won first in 14th JSKA NATIONAL open Karate Championship 2022.
Adwaith C received 2nd prize in District Karate Tournament in Kumite.
Naveen Krishnan T N of Class 5 was entitled to his equanimity.
Anusree Ajit of Std IV got A+ for national level competition for the topic ‘National clean India’ organized by National Education & Human Resource Development Organization. She got a certificate and a trophy. She also got a certificate and trophy for Father's Day Competition held by Grape associations. (June 2021)
Amisha Ajit of std 3 has achieved National unique brain award 2021.
Times of India cartoon contest Avantika Rajeev and Annamol Joju of std 6 have secured a gift voucher of Rs 1000 and a certificate.
As a part of observance of Patron’s Day – Inter School Painting Fest was organized category wise, where in Gautham K, Meenakshi C Vibin bagged first & second prizes. Adhisree N R of L K G bagged second prize.
Many of our students represented Nanma Balarangu Kalotsav and bagged trophies. TOFFEE RIDE had entitled us as best performing school.
Inter school Letter Writing Competition was held as a part of Father’s Day Celebration in Mount Tabor TRAINING College, Ashlin Jiju of class 8 bagged second prize in English letter writing while Sreshya Sashi of std 6 bagged first prize in Malayalam letter writing competition. Activites in school aim to discover your uniqueness, teach you how to develop it and show you how to guide it.
3. ACTIVITES: As a part of intending, to introduce historical places to students and engaging them in vacation histrio Expo 2021was introduced in classes 5 to 9. Parallelly in lower classes we had general knowledge quiz, self -grooming, making delicacies with fruits and vegetables available. With an aim to instill love towards nature and to generate environment awareness, - under the able guidance of Mathrubhumi SEED ente krishi club was inaugurated by Krishnanunni, the awardee of Karshakothama award on environment Day, as a follow up we had a session on children’s mental development, Adolescent care, health habits, care eyes and save lives. To be amongst nature from grade 5 to 12 activities were divided and given to respective classes from grade 5-12 such as Madhuravanam, Butterfly garden, Vazhakkoru koote etc. As last year this year we had observed most of the days and weeks on the onlinemode. Visualization of poem and excerpt, with intentional form. Scored the background of the reading week celebrations. As a final touch to the program AKSHARACHIMIZHU and fragrance were the two flip magazines which were released.
We conducted Virtual youth festival to exhibit the innate talents of our students the function was inaugurated by Miss Meenakshi - flowers top singer tv fame.
This year children had given a visual treat for teachers on Teachers day under the guidance of SPL Lavanya Ghiridharan. We conducted Grandparents day, it was beautifully inaugurated by our loving and affable teacher a grandparent too Padmini teacher. To bring in the unearthed talents of our teachers a plat form called Educators fest was organized for the same. We had our ever loving vice principal Sathi miss for the inauguration.
Delegation of responsibility and giving authority to children is important as it teaches them lifelong skills of being powerful and caring, at the same time making them best citizens, with an affable note investiture ceremony was hosted.
Kerala Piravi was celebrated on the online mode with a novel insight- Radio Jockey show named KARNIKARAM inaugurated by Rafeeq Ahammed.
On children’s day teachers of our school showcased their talents in various art forms as a token of love to their little ones.
Global wind day, Engineers day, Doctors day,Army day,National sports day and so on, the latest one was martyrs day counting up to 65 activities and more to go. Republic day and Independence Day was celebrated with patriotic fevour. As a part of Palliative Care Day (January 15), three students of BBB performed a speech, dance and a song respectively. The function was held at Puthussery community Hall. The students were awarded trophies.
We hosted Santa on Wheels as a part of Christmas celebrations where BABY JANAKI, skater was the eye of the day.
Varnamamangham 2020-21 was initiated to ignite the artistic passion in children and blend the expressions in myriad hues.
This year we had geared up three forums- IAS, Women cell & Legal services. With the aim to reset, refocus, restart, as you need to we have started a second batch of students in the IAS forum. Last year this forum was inaugurated by Shri Yatheesh Chandra IPS. Women cell is an exclusive forum for girl students to consentize their equal rights and responsibilities in building up the society which was inaugurated by Dr. Priya Panakkal and Dr. Reshmi C R. Legal services forum helps students to cope with challenging issues, in analyzing real life cases and career building which was inaugurated by Justice K Surendra Mohanan. The forum organizes talks, seminars and varios awareness programs.
A Talk on effective parenting was arranged for parents resource person was JAYASHREE psychological counselor of a legal NGO.
When the school ticks 25 years, an assortment of programs had been arranged.
ADDON which opens door to knowledge beyond the text book and syllabus with the participation of all the students in the school. It was inaugurated by M P REMYA HARIDAS AALATHUR.
UPGRADE an initiative to provide a continuity in learning opportunity for all teaching staff, was led by Prof. Praveen Thomas Varghese on February 1.
STUDENTS' CONCLAVE a panel discussion on the topic "My Life in India - Today and Tomorrow" was conducted on February 2, so that the students in nearby schools can open up and codify their ideas with the help of eminent moderators Dr. Tiju IRS and Dr Aarathy P M Prof. M G University.
EINBLICK 2022, an inter-school quiz competition, was held on February 3, as an opportunity for talented students from other schools to showcase their mettle. It was nailed by Snehaj Sreenivas quiz man of kerala.
Jubilee song, souvenir and documentary with regards to the jubilee celebration was done.
We have a strong PTA and PTA executive committee under the leadership of Mr. Bijubal M that extended support in all our activities.
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the Management for their unflinching support .I extend heartfelt thanks to all my colleagues for their love, affection, dedication and hard work, my best wishes to all my beloved students.
I am grateful to the God Almighty. I wish to conclude with a quote of Robert Frost “The woods are lovely dark and deep but I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep” Thank you.